Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very clever idea nicely implemented, the backing track kicks hard, very lush arrangement, the groove is catchy, and the spoken vocals really fit in. Well done, must have taken some time to put all this together.

Probably 12 days from head to toe. And mostly on my end. Rog turned it around in a day from the engineering side. We had been going back and forth about guitar tracks for a month before though. Trying to explain to someone what you hear in your head is like is like trying to explain what "red" is to a person who can't see. I was like "I want it ANGRY". "I want it dirty." "I want it to scream." "I want short, stabbing parts that do all of the above." I mean, given that, it's pretty hard to interpret what my mind's ear hears. He sent me a good long sample of phrases put together and I cobbled a solo out of it by cutting and pasting. And on his first phrase, I actually took the sound waves and flipped them so you are hearing guitar played backwards. Doing that added "passion" to it because the attack was different when reversed. He did a great job on a very difficult piece that I did not think was going to be that involved. That was 22 tracks, my record.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.