According to Sweetwater specs, the more expensive Snowball model has a Pressure Gradient Condenser capsule rather an electret condenser type of the lower cost Snowball Ice. I watched some breakdown videos this morning. I'm a bit wary of the online breakdowns I saw on YouTube. The 'engineers' were true amateurs.

At any rate, for the cost, ease of setup and performance, it works for me better than I expected from any previous review I had seen.

The Sweetwater package ships with Presonus Studio One Artist and various templates. Great for beginners.

It's truly plug and play and does not require installing drivers. A comparable stand alone audio interface will require drivers plus the added cost of a microphone and mic cable and possibly a mic stand and boom and pop filter. It trumps the audiobox/scarlet type entry audio interfaces hands down with ease of set up and use and parts count.

To anyone that's simply a hobbyist or beginner and playing for study, fun and friends, this mic will satisfy your needs. It will not break your budget so that when and if you do want better equipment, you won't have a problem making up the cost.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 03/30/18 03:33 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.