I have often sat down to finish uncompleted songs, and often sat down to revise songs that i was unsatisfied with.
However, i haave never, in my entire life, said to myself, 'Now i am going to write a song'.

Every song i have ever written has just come to me. I do not feel as if i am 'writing' the songs. I feel as if i am 'channeling' the songs from my subconscious. The more i have purified my self, the better will be the quality of the song i channel. When i want to write a song merely to express my own angst, the song does not turn out as well.

However, when my main motivation is to write songs that will uplift other people, and only present a problem in a song if i can also provide a solution; then that sort of mindset will enable me to write the best songs i am capable of writing.

A number of times i have read about scrawny mothers whose babiy had crawled under a car and that scrawny mother had miraculously been able to lift one end of the car, by herself, to enable the baby to crawl out.

When you engage in any activity, songwriting or otherwise, for the primary motivation of wanting to help others, you will find capabilities within yourself that you never knew you possessed.

Matador is beautiful,a symphony of style
Excitement is ecstatic, passion places bets
Gracefully he bows to ovations that he gets
But the hands that are applauding are slippery with sweat
And saliva is falling from their smiles

Phil Ochs- Crucifixion