Originally Posted By: Noel96
Ray,

The line, "Just coffee and old memories", really resonated with me. What a great hook for the opening line of the chorus. The minute I heard it, you took me back to the many times I've sat down with a cup of coffee in-hand and simply thought about the past (good and bad).

I was reading through & taking notes for future reference Noel & began thinking about your comment I popped up in quotes:
Originally it was "Just coffee & memories" and I was a little uncomfortable about the coffee references being Australian but then, I justified it with the amount of coffee and related culture that has a strangle on the nation. Tony, the singer did a draft vocal & added to the line "Just coffee & some memories". It was clear that the extra syllable was needed so I countered with "old" which he sang for a bit to get his head around it & he turned out to be more than happy with the compromise. The line that worked for, & hooked, you almost wasn't what it is. Serendipitousness and compromise win again. Thanks for prompting me to remember and value to input of my collaborator.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe