Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Like floyd said it sounds like a classic track.
This would fit in perfectly with some of the classic rock playlists we listen to. Great a bit of a Cream vibe on the intro.
We enjoyed the backstory...thanks for taking the time to share that.
Great write, performances, and the production sounds huge on the monitors. Excellent mix.
Kudos!
J&B

J&B,
Thank you, thank you. Most of the BIGNESS is multi tracked Fender Squire Mustang into a Marshall Superbass converted to Superlead. Each track double mic'd. I'm constantly amazed at how well the RealDrums come through in mixes. This stereo drum track has a tiny bit of ReaComp Master Bus Glue compression, a smidge of Wide Chamber in ReaVerb, (same verb & settings for any instance in the mix), and just a little tinkering with ReaEQ to reduce the high hats I think. Oh, special secret ingredient - SPS Vintage Warmer 2 - the free version - set to light driven tape.

Thanks for the additional info on the production. Every time I get close to exploring RD alternatives I hear something like this and am encouraged to continue working with them. I've managed to approximate what I want with Neutron 2. Thanks again for the time to mention all of the above.

Bud