I think my first concert was to go hear the National Symphony Orchestra play at Wolf Trap Farm Park back in the early 1970's. It was a school field trip and the orchestra was great.

I think the first major concert I went to (where I bought tickets) was to see Maynard Ferguson's back play in Gainesville, GA in the late 1970's. It was a wonderful concert as far as I'm concerned, I could have just listened for hours and hours.

I saw them again in 1985 in Dayton, Ohio, where he came back to play at a club he opened at 30 years prior. Halfway through the concert, the band members, including Maynard, came out into the audience (it was a small club) and played his jazz version of Pagliacci. Maynard played about 4 feet away from where I was sitting. I was in heaven.

The next concert was probably Styx at the Omni in Atlanta, GA. It was awesome and we continued to sing the songs in the car on our way back to the college (alcohol may have been involved). And I'm going to go see Styx again tonight in Orange Beach, AL (along with REO Speedwagon and Don Felder - former guitarist for the Eagles).

There have been many more concerts in between. I just love listening to live music. For me, it doesn't have to be perfect, because none of us are, but it's real!

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com