Originally Posted By: Sundance
Hey, hey it was the Monkees. A friend's father, bless his heart, got us the tickets and drove a carful of tween girls over an hour one way for us to celebrate her birthday. Then we ate fair food, rode rides and I threw up.

They played their own music so it didn't sound exactly like the records but we loved them, sang along when we weren't screaming and had a great time. grin

Oh and we had floor seats about 20 rows back so we got to run to the edge of the stage with all the other little girls when Davy sang until security would make us go back. LOL!

That sounds like a really rad first concert experience ( despite the throwing up ). I've always been pretty lucky and with most concerts I have gone to have been pretty close. The only exception was when I went to go and see Adam Lambert + Queen for my birthday a few years back. Seats closer to the front were so expensive. We were "in the nosebleeds" and the tickets were a couple hundred. It was a really great concert, and they did a wonderful tribute to Mercury as well.

Cheers,
Ember