Two things -- Maybe more --

Your comments make good and relevant points .

A personal tip I enjoy experimenting with that I learned while working with songs in the ACW, is to replace a chord with a variation chord taken from the triad of the major scale notes.

For instance if your progression has (D), every so often replace the (D) with an ( Asus) which seems to make the Biab engine choose from a different selection of phrases from what it uses from simply using the (D) repetitively.

Second, because a mixer track can have as many as 10 different instruments occupy the track, I often do a search for the session artist on that track and choose another RT or more by the artist using what turns out to be in most cases, the same instrument in a sometimes slight variation of the original track instrument which changes up the pace and pattern of my song beyond just what I get with inserting Part Markers. It is seamless to go between different RT's on a track between two or more instruments multiple times and can be as short as a single bar. That makes the track unique and different from what a normal track generation produces so a particular RT becomes unrecognizable as a Biab RT.

An extension beyond my two points: I enjoyed your "Hotel California" mashup and wonder what RT you used for the first solo guitar?

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 05/03/18 06:34 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.