Nice work! As others have (correctly) said, you've got a nice voice. That Jimmy Buffet inflection comes through strong, which is good.

I had to turn the volume up on the mix to get it sounding where I wanted it. That's unusual with a lot of mixes - usually I need to turn things down. Clearly you aren't listening to enough contemporary music. wink

Bob was right about the fills - they keep the energy going between the verses. I also like to slide instruments in and out of fades, and whatever you did here was smooth, as I was never distracted. Envelopes in Reaper are indeed your friend.

Speaking of Reaper, you might want to have a look at stretch markers. Not that anything in this song made me think that it needs editing with timing, but it's one of those "I wish I knew there was a super easy way to do this" kind of thing.

The Aaaahs help give the chorus a nice punch. They sound great to me.

Sounds a bit like a theme song to a 70's television show - and I also mean that in a good way.

You didn't ask for extensive feedback, so sorry if this is a bit much. The short version is that I enjoyed the song, thanks! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?