Thank you, Charlie. I am seriously humbled by the vocal praise. I should shut up about it ... it's just that hard for me to buy into. I'm coming around. I think I have found my voice ... finally ... I guess I just need to learn to be happy with it.

"<<< "I'm callin' it done" >>> That's ok for this mix but I'm not so sure I'd recommend you be through with the song itself."

Funny you should say that. Bob was listening to the mix after I said it was "done" and didn't quite get the added BIAB oohs and aaahs leading into the chorus. This was something I wanted to try. The chorus background vocals I'm actually singing "I'm A-liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive". It sounds exactly the way it did in my dream. But that leadup TO the chorus, I thought I needed to build some energy so that's why I thought "hey, I'll try the new BIAB Ooohs and Aaaaahs".

They sounded very mechanical. One reason I left them so low in the mix. The other reason is, they need to be subtle. I almost don't want you to consciously notice them.

He couldn't even tell what they were. And in his defense, they were harsh, mechanical and ... sounded like a bad synth.

Still, I wanted that in there.

SO tonight I went back and tried recording my own "oooh-aaaah" tracks for that buildup, and I failed miserably.

So I went back to BIAB and did it again. I'm not sure what I did different, but they sound a lot better. I fiddled with them in the mix, they're there, still, but they sound better. Still subtle, like they need to be for the effect I want.

All that is a long way of saying, I guess I wasn't done after all.

"I really like your song and think you've got more than maybe you think you have... "

Oh, I love the song and I think if it got to the right ears it might be a hit for somebody. I mean, even I think it's that good - I am stunned how well it turned out and I'm afraid I've set quite a high bar for myself now :-)

But I'm also realistic. There are a LOT of VERY talented people out there who nobody will ever hear of. People much more talented than I am. If this gets out, it'll be luck. I know that.

I do this because I enjoy it. I'm not trying to become famous and I certainly don't have any illusions of making money in this industry.

That being said I want to do the best work I can and I have much to learn.

Anyway, uploading the new mix with the better BIAB oooh-ahhhs leading up to the choruses. Listen carefully!

Done!