Hi Joanne, Hi Noel.
I have not used Realband much yet. Mainly I have used BIAB. Sometimes loaded old MIDI files but mostly started off by typing in chords, intro, verse, chorus etc. Found the best fit style, saved it as BIAB file then created the MP3. After watching Joanne's training video to record my vocal, Joanne uses Realband. I don't have a USB mic or USB interface thing so thought to buy the mixer instead, more versatile can be used to jam and practice. I have a condenser mic.
I have managed to open that BIAB file in Realband. I have connected the mixer to the PC with a USB cable but have struggled to set things up so I can sing into my mic through the mixer and record it into Realband. I have set the Win 7 sound to the USB codec input and output, also the same in Realband and BIAB. Need to adjust levels I think somewhere. With my headphones in the mixer I select a new track I record. I can hear the backtrack from Realband and hear my voice on the mic but can't seem to get it to record into Realband. When I try and it says keep the take or something like that the track is blank. After fiddling I got a faint recording very soft. Then lost that too. Then I tried to record my vocal into BIAB but again the VU meter shows no input activity at all. I'm heading home shortly from work and will try again. Thanks a million and take care. Bryan.