Thanks for the constructive observations, Mr. Ray, Let me just give my take on these:

"you should double the horn section - add a harmony or almost duplicate group and throw them on the other side with a good chunk of reverb across both."

Absolutely not, for that would completely overpower the intended 'tranquil' sentiment! Besides, I'm a huge believer in the 'less is more' principle, which I certainly feel is warranted here.

"The horn solo is fine but seems odd not having the centre of the stereo image when the vibes - whilst stereo, seem centred."

I actually went back and forth on this, but the basis for my choice here was to minimise the risk of clashing with the similar sounding horns (which are in fact also panned a tad off centre, but to the opposite side). Also, in a live setting, these two instruments, trombone and vibes, wouldn't both be at the centre, that's just practically implausible, and I tried to reflect that... but maybe I overdid it, it's a mileage-may-vary case for sure.

"The main melody is a little bright and could use a little top end roll off."

I suspect speakers & ears on each end are a vital factor here, but fair enuff. I was aiming to contrast the booming low end of the bass (and guitar to some extent) and may have overdone it. Also, I used some EZ Mix, a set of plugs/effects that I only recently bought and am still finding my ways with, on this project to give the lead a slight 'ethereal' sound, which maybe worked and maybe not so much. So I'll give you this one.... maybe wink

Thanks for taking the time to give advices & feedback cool

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)