Okay, so I just read a post in the beginners forum where somebody tried for 3 months to figure out how to use BIAB and finally gave up and returned it. This is a classic example of somebody who just wants to have some fun creating backing tracks, learning by playing along with some of the built-in songs, and maybe eventually creating some original tunes, but was completely baffled by the interface and complexity of BIAB.

Hence my suggestion for toolbar customization in standard mode. PGMusic could even create different screenset options for beginners, composing, practicing, MIDI, audio recording & editing, etc. Maybe a new customer opening BIAB for the very first time is greeted with a simplified "beginners" interface that will allow them to get accustomed to the program and, when they are ready, to graduate to a more advanced screenset.

Here is an example of a simplified beginner's interface. Nothing but the basics. I wouldn't mind this myself.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Simplified Toolbars.jpg (504.3 KB, 28 downloads)

UltraPAK 2021, 27" late 2012 iMac, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.15.7
Logic Pro X 10.6.3