Last night when I was at home I went searching for some new music. It had been quite some time since I had actively gone looking for songs I have never heard of before, and my friend suggested a cover of Zombie by Bad Wolves to me. As you all probably know, Dolores O'Riordan from the Cranberries died in January of this year. That same day she was set to reprise her vocals with Bad Wolves' cover of Zombie. Bad Wolves decided to move forward with the cover and donated all proceeds to Dolores' children.

I had no idea that any of this had happened. Knowing this going in to the cover, watching the messages about what had happened cross the screen, and then listening to the song gave me chills, just like the song did the very first time I heard it.

Although it was a cover of an old favourite and not actually a new song for me, it definitely left its mark on me. It was just as much of an impact ( to me ) as the one I had listened to a million times before.

Does anybody else have an experience with a good cover like this? I know that "good" is decided by the individual listeners, but I am curious if anyone else has found covers that really resonated with them, just like the original did. If so, which ones?

Cheers,
Ember