Hi everyone! I have about 6 months experience with BIAB. I have gotten on pretty well but a little confused. I am a self taught musician with not a whole lot of theory under my belt, so please forgive me if my terminology is not exactly correct.

I have done many covers with very good results. Currently I'm trying to cover The Bee Gees Alive (no not Staying Alive hehehe). Here is the YouTube link https://youtu.be/L8gQC4BIvnU

I'm using all real tracks and real drums. I have the first part of the song, verses, down well. But it sounds to me (could be wrong) that on the chorus they go from playing 8ths to playing 16ths? I brought the song into Melodyne and it doesn't detect any change in tempo so 16ths is all I can think of.

Being adventurous I took my BIAB song in RealBand, my first time using it. I added a 16ths drum and piano track. But unfortunately although they say they are playing the same tempo both are off beat? Again my theory is limited so maybe this is to be expected?

So if anyone would like to give a listen and tell me where I'm going wrong......it would be greatly appreciated! I tried to cover everything I can think of but if anyone needs more information, I'll provide what I can.

Thanks in advance.

Humbled
Mike

Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen
Windows 10 pro 1709 16299.125
Intel core i7 6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz
16 gig memory
BIAB UltraPak version is 2023 (Latest)
Cubase pro 9