Here are two short clips that will demonstrate the Izotope Breath Controller that is packaged with Nectar 2.

It's a very simple plug-in to remove or partially remove breath intake sounds. Basically just turn it on and set the sensitivity. For this demonstration I used more "removal" than I typically would. I like to leave a bit...we are humans after all smile

45s vocal clips - Janice

If interested, the fx are essentially what I've used for nearly 30 years on her vocals - mostly irrespective of genre. A little compression, a little reverb and two very slight eq tweaks. Now that I'm digital I add a little tape saturation. Some times on a double track I'll add a little delay to one track. That's it. I never do any vocal edits of any type. We typically do two takes and about 75% of the time she will prefer the first one. We only record about once every three weeks or so and it's typically a 20 minute session so I don't profess to be any kind of expert. When she says she's ready to record...she's ready! She will "live with" a song with her bluetooth earpiece around the house until ready. Janice has no interest in vocal editing and I'm not going to be so presumptuous as to try it and assume I can better what she says is a take that she likes smile I realize that practically everybody nowadays from the best singers to the average edit vocals so I certainly don't think our way is the "right" way to do it - it's just the way we do it.

Bud