Originally Posted By: rayc
Joanne,
your mix is streets ahead of the other. I'll download & have a play about - can't say I'll do better but will have a go.

Joanne,

Your singing is excellent, really excellent, and I was captivated by the melody that you've woven against the arrangement. In addition to this, your harmonies sound very polished and you've chosen instruments that showcase everything really well.

Because you asked for an opinion....

I agree with Ray and Herb. To my ears, your mix and Ray's mix both have a great deal more clarity than Ogi's and they make the musical components sparkle just a little more.

As Herb has already mentioned, there is some low frequency dissonance occurring between the bass and the acoustic guitars at various times (most notably at the start of the intro). Have you tried using a hi-pass filter on an EQ for the acoustic so that its bass notes are reduced? I'd try a roll-off around 120 - 150 Hz. (I like that Ray removed the bass early on in his mix. It worked well.)

All said and done, though, I enjoyed my listen a lot. You and John have written a fine song.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024