Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Thanks Guys. Scott, I do try my hardest to memorize everything. I am working with a guitarist for our National Arts Festival and for this festival we have five shows scheduled and we intend to make changes to the set list for each performance. Last year I memorized everything but this year we have about 60 songs to choose from.

I find I just need a little "nudge" every now and then (such as what key a song is in and whether I use a capo on it and the first word of each verse..etc) so this is really just to give me that "nudge" when I am onstage and am nervous. I intend to hide my iPad behind the onstage monitors and flip along the photos with the foot pedal.

At an event like this you really need to stick to a predetermined set list because it is more like a "show" than a "gig" and is only 45 minutes long. You cant be fiddling around with an iPad or with a book on a music stand because people are sitting about 5 feet from you and are are watching your EVERY move.

Why I put myself through this I will never know smile

Hey this is his full-time job, and our set list is 5-6 songs/week, with one repeated song throughout the 4-5 weeks of the month, so memorization for him comes with the job.

That said, we have a prompt screen in the back of the church up high, which has the current lyrics, and then the next phrase off on the right. I forget which program allows us to do that, but there's a volunteer at the sound/lighting booth that is hitting us up with those prompts. Actually that person is putting up the prompts for the congregation, and the program is handling the 'next phrase' part of things.

So, it's a totally different thing than what you are doing. Where I saw OnSong in action was on a church camping trip and the former worship leader had me playing along with him. We were just a couple of dudes with guitars, and this sweet scrolling song book in front of us. Worked really well. You set each for a tempo, and it it just moves along for you. No page flipping needed, though I believe that footpedal activated flipping is part of it's capability.