I'm a big 'meaning in life' kind of guy - I've always felt some sort of 'life crisis' almost throughout my entire life.

I'm fairly certain that many of you, when young, had hoped to generate some good income from your band becoming 'big' - where they sky is the limit....or - for you guys - to get the gals. I started playing at 14, more for the love of music and the hope that I could one day be in a 'wedding band'. I knew I wasn't inclined to writing songs early on, and never pushed that on myself. I thought the most realistic thing I could hope for was good income from the combination of being in a wedding band and giving lessons. Neither worked out, My fantasies might have also involved being a studio musician. I knew I wasn't a showman. None of the above worked out. I always took the 'safe' job route.

At this point - I stay with the music because of the joy that the songs in my 'formative' years brought to me - and the fact that I still LOVE listening to them.
I still find it amazing to listen to and learn how they were put togethe - the songwriting, the specific arrangement, the production. Lately I've been trying to learn covers of these oldies to the point where I could maybe perform them out - but no pressure at all on myself. It's really the joy of analyzing and learning them that keeps me going. I hate pressure - always did, always will. Some of you probably recognize my name - thanks for all the excellent advice, enthusiasm and support you've shared with me over the years.

Share some of your personal music history, if you dare : )

Best,
Joe V.

Last edited by Joe V; 05/27/18 02:32 AM.