Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hockey has taken up a lot of my free time also. So are you a Golden Knights or a Caps fan?

Vegas, bay-bee!!! To see an expansion team win the cup in their first year would be remarkable! A bunch of players deemed not good enough to be protected by their former teams wins the cup? That's The Mighty Ducks stuff right there!

There were a lot of factors in this draft. One the teams could only protect a few players, two the salary cap came into play and three there was only one expansion team. I like Vegas but I want to see The Big O get on the Stanley Cup so I'm routing for the Caps.

Quote:
<< My other thing is that the virtual instruments are WAY too quiet, even with the volume set to full 127 >>

127 is full MIDI volume but all virtual instrument players have an audio volume that is used in conjunction with MIDI volume. Those players include stand-a-lone players and DAWs. So if you MIDI volume is 127 but your player volume is zero you will get no sound.

Do you mean the little mixer looking screen where I can assign the instruments to channels? If you need the visual I will take a pic when I go up there next.

Yes that is it on BiaB.

I also want to set it up where I have the different instruments I use assigned to that "mixer", which puts them all on different channels, and be able to just switch channel on the controller. As it sits right now, I have to go to the track, select which MIDI channel the track uses, and then I get that instrument. Is there a setting in the track to make the track see all the channels and make the sound dependent on the MIDI channel selected on the controller? I DO notice that there is an option for channel 0. Does RB use 0-15 to be hexidecimally (did I just make up a word) correct for channels 1-16 or does selecting 0 make it be in "omni mode"? I will try that when I go up to work on music later but thought I'd ask.

I don't use BiaB or RB for anything but generating backing tracks. I use Studio One Pro for all of this kind of work. I would think the your Pro Tools would be a better for your work: I think you have Pro Tools. Others will know more about RB.

As for your MIDI channel approach for different different sounds I would think that an Instrument bank is a better approach. In an instrument bank you assign a MIDI sound to bank 0 or 1 depending on your DAW starting number. Assign a different MIDI sound on the next bank, another on the next etc. You can have up to 128 different sounds assigned, depending on your DAW and computer resources, i.e. ram. The bank is assigned to one DAW track and you change sounds in that track via program changes (PG). I use to do this back in the day with Sonar but with computers so powerful now I just assign a different MIDI sound to individual tracks.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware