floyd,

I'm s-o-o-o-o-o far behind in commenting on your songs that I'm ashamed to show up in one of your threads. It's because of this that I'm throwing date sequence to the wind and just jumping in while this song is still on the first page!

"Montana Sunsets" is a really wonderful listen... I absolutely LOVE that last line of the chorus. It pulls the chorus lyrics together and stitches them up with a heap of visual imagery and energy. In addition, there's a ton of movement in it. When I first heard "hit the range and ride" at the end of the first chorus, I stopped the track and rewound it so that I could play the chorus again. It was like I was standing in one of those old-time westerns that my dad used to thoroughly enjoy and the hero rides off into the setting sun. In so few words, you managed to convey a truckload of sight, sound and (e)motion... that's 'skill' by anyone's definition! (It came as no surprise that you'd have John Wayne in there somewhere in the song smile )

That final twist on "hit the range and ride" as a way of saying "goodnight" made me smile. It was a very satisfying pay-off. I also agree with Biglad, the sequence of lyrics that had "eagle screams" resonated big-time!

I'm glad you mentioned the nylon guitar. #2201 is one of my favourites. Brent's playing is magnificent (as always) and this Realtrack has a really warm and captivating sound.

Jumping off on a tangent... What did you do with your vocals? They sound spectacular. Incredibly clear and massaged into the mix with pizzazz. Is that a slapback delay that you have happening? I thought I could hear it at times but then I might be imagining it because I've been playing around with delay quite a lot since I posted this article and this other article and I might be hearing things that aren't there. (Kind of like Tartini tones where a note that is not actually present is psychoacoustically created by the brain as the difference in frequencies between two played notes... a strange phenomenon!)

This is SUCH an inspiring creation! ... off to listen again...

Seriously... wonderful melody, first class singing, terrific arrangement and production... music doesn't get better than this.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024