Hi,

So I'm looking for a really cheap option for a PC to use for light office work, but all the "heavy lifting" will be for music production, mostly BiaB-and who knows? I might even have the ability to run RB smoothly. There are so many features in RB that I would love to explore and experiment with, but every action I try in there right now takes half a minute to execute so I just give up in frustration :-(

I'm also just discovering the wonderful world of Native Instruments (Kontakt, Traktor, Reaktor, Guitar Rig, et al) and would love to be able to run multiple plugins on multiple tracks in Reaper, both audio and MIDI simultaneously).

Basically right now I'm using a totally inadequate laptop (i-3 6006U) and someone posted in the local second-hand board a used Dell OptiPlex 990 with an i-5 2400 for REALLY cheap.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6006U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2400/m214467vs803

I hope this question doesn't come across as stupid, as, on paper, the benchmark comparisons are clearly in favor of the i-5. However, given that the i-5 was released in 2011 vs the one I have now which came out at the end of 2016, I'm worried that maybe I'm missing something(?).

Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB