The future? They might want you to call home to mama before you can use it in certain ways. In other words you can't use the internet unless you call home to Microsoft. MultiCharts does that (you can't trade live unless you call home). Multicharts can get away with it because it is by far the best trading software and their support is amazing. MS isn't well liked generally. If MS does this Linux may become popular or a Google operating system or Apple.

I am considering replacing my old clunker I3 desktop which runs XP. I would replace it with an I5 or I7. I won't do it until I can confirm I can get Win7 running on it with 32 gig of ram. Along this line there is (or was) a company in the U.S. selling machines that ship with XP. They write the drivers to ensure XP runs on the newer better machines apparently. I can see this happening with Win7 because it can handle the larger memory. The only thing I like about Win10 it it can run the text to speech reader MS-Zira. Other than that I see no reason to go to Win10.

Last edited by bowlesj; 06/18/18 11:44 PM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles