I completely agree with you Pepe. So much BS in this thread by a few people who are "IT pros". Ever notice it's mostly people who supposedly know "all about" MS, know all about the OS, know all about registry hacks and who knows what else about PC's they "know all about".

Those guys have messed up their systems so much that all they can do (and many have, read other threads about this) is reformat and reinstall Windows.

Here's the bottom line. MS now has several hundred MILLION installs of Win 10. Don't you people think that if these automatic updates was a real problem affecting oh, I don't know say 10% of users MS's stock would take one heckuva hit? Of course it would and this so called issue would be splashed all over the news, all over the financial press, all over EVERYWHERE. This is pure crap

Yes, occasionally someone will lose some small config like an audio driver or something. Big deal, easy to fix. I've posted this so many times now I should have it in a Wordoc so I can just paste into the next thread that comes up and there will be yet another one. Here it is.

I keep my PC's rock stock. No messing around with anything. I take a fresh system drive and install Windows on it, in the current case it's Win 10 Pro. I leave it alone. Repeat, LEAVE IT ALONE. I do not modify anything and I do automatic updates. It's all about security and look at my thread about that in the Tech S.O.S. forum and read what our offsite IT company advises. In 15-20 years I've not had a problem EVER.

Some of you guys in this forum "know too much" and you're outsmarting yourselves.

Just my opinion, YMMV and all that rot.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.