My eight inch fire that I bought last Christmas can access the Google play store, took me about 5-10 mins to do it following the instructions from the net. Its only a matter of installing four or five apps in order that they tell you to.

I don't think it can mess up your tablet, like other stuff like rooting can do, as its only installing apps.

But then again you can never be 100% sure what nasties are in those apps, I was willing to take the chance, but took the precaution of removing my credit card details from google play in case anyone else could access my account. If I want to buy an app, I will only put the details back on temporary.

Google play works 100% as well as other google apps like google books and drive.

As amazon update their tablet automatically there is a chance that it might disable google play.

But there again if you are one of those people who follow the rules to the latter then amazon didn't put google play on your tablet, so they don't want you to have it.

You make up your own mind, I did!

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile