Originally Posted By: jford
Yep, Windows 10 is strictly a desktop client, not a server OS. Here at Pensacola Naval Air Station we have upgraded all our workstations to Windows 10 Enterprise (and for the most part everything works fine). The back end is a mix of Windows Server 2008 (and some Windows Server 2016), as well as some Redhat Linux and Solaris Unix). Only the desktops run Windows 10 (Enterprise Edition, so we only get updates after they have been vetted through the information assurance processes). We previously ran Windows 7 (Enterprise).

Ok, so I don't understand servers. All our workstations are Win 7 so they're talking about upgrading all those to 10 not the server. But there are a bunch of issues with that they're working through right now. ALL my other comments about security and home users should be on Win 10 stand.

From Kent

Quote:
The weirdest, hardest-to-fix issues are the ones I run into on computers that have been tweaked and tuned by IT pros and programmers, and/or haven't been updated.

Exactly my point and I've been posting this for years now.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.