I have BIAB 2006 and, I think, through Style Disk 60 or so. So if this has been covered since then, let me know. However . . .

An unusual request. I'm not asking for new styles per se, but high-energy modern bassists to graft into existing styles. Or maybe these could and should be added as soloists. I'm thinking Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, Victor Wooten, Les Claypool, Steve Bailey, Tony Franklin, John Pattitucci, Eric Serra, and many others. Certainly a lot more electric fretless players than just Jaco. 'Real' bassists will come up with many more names.

(I'm specifically excluding Michael Manring, since we all know he is not actually from this planet, but if you want to go for him too, why not? Just that he'd be a style unto himself, since he has been known to play as many as four basses during a piece--simultaneously.)

I've seen Mac's suggestion on how to create a bop soloist, transpose it down and mute the actual bass part to come up with a Mingus-like groove. I'll try that, too, but I'd love to hear the MIDIfied chops of actual fusion players--not trad-jazz or more pop/rock. I know this will be a challenge, but slapping is doable in MIDI!

Thanks for all that you do, PG, and thanks in advance for your consideration of this suggestion.

Richard

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."