Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What? What?! WHAT?!? Who wrote this? Did you hire a ghost writer? Floyd, you are a MASTER of story telling in a song. That's your lane. Stick to it. You are NOT allowed to venture over to the "non-specific listener fill in their own story" lyric and dominate that too! No! No! No! Go back to what you were great at before you were great at this please. I'm not sure how you got in here, but...security!

Seriously, I am beyond impressed. I love everything about this song.

The lyrics are fantastic...
Quote:

hiding your intentions
only make 'em clearer

the production is fantastic...
You had me at the drums and never lost me. Everything is clear and represented so well.

The performance is fantastic...
Anyone with ears and a heart can tell that!

The arrangement is fantastic...
Love the structure and how parts move in and out as they should. A sprinkle of guitar between vocal phrasing to keep in interest, the backing vocals at chorus two forward for heightening was OMG! I'll stop but...just...wow!

Melodically, THAT sir, was CATCHY!

I noticed people only bring Janice in when they have a song good enough to be awesome. Or is it when people bring Janice in, the song is now awesome? OH! That's what it is! (secret to a great song there.)

You may want to consider a name change. Drop the "e" in "Jane" and just add "ice." wink

**Edit**

Oh yeah, if this song is about me, then forget everything I said. Actually, I wouldn't be able to deny that it would still be my favorite song I've heard on the forum so far. smile

Thank you for making this song!

I'm not sure "Thank you" suffices for such a wonderful review... you definitely made my day! (and I'm sure Janice would say "thanks", too.. she is a treasure...)