Another Day - Remix

Until I can get the vocal recording set up here at the assisted living facility (long story - won't bore you with it), I'll be posting, mostly, instrumentals and remixes of older songs. This is a song Di and I wrote and recorded back in 2012. Unfortunately, I no longer have a copy of the RTs I used. All I had to work with was the vocal and the drums - plus the stereo mix down of everything else.

I trimmed some high EQ from the vocal and added a touch of lower-mids. I EQed the drums to get a better sound on the kick. I dropped the volume of the vocal in this remix - it was a bit hot on the original recording.

Unfortunately, I can't do much more to improve the vocal - I'm a guitar player, not a real vocalist! I sing just to annoy people I don't like - no one here. Plus, it's fun to molest the airways once in a while! Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

PS: This is one of the last songs on which I played my own guitar lead. Due to the worsening of my Focal Dystonia, I use the BIAB RT's almost exclusively now. You'll notice the lead riff is rather simple - nothing complicated or fancy.

Another Day
(c) 2012 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers, BMI

(v1)
The sky went dark, the wind stood still
You left me in the shadow of
Another lover's call
You left me here, standing on the edge
But there's no place for me to fall

Pre-Chorus
What will I do, where will I go
How could I find another, when I love you so
Perhaps I never told you, I guess I thought you knew
I'd give my life, I'd give anything for you

CHORUS
Another day of dying without you
No sun no moon, no early morning dew
Another day, of forever turning blue
Without you, there ain't no way
I can go on another day

INSTRUMENTAL

Pre-Chorus
What will I do, where will I go
How could I find another, when I love you so
Perhaps I never told you, I guess I thought you knew
I'd give my life, I'd give anything for you

CHORUS
Another day of dying without you
No sun no moon, no early morning dew
Another day, of forever turning blue
Without you, there ain't no way
I can go on another day

Last edited by Al-David; 07/07/18 03:11 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops