Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Alan & Di,

Loved it !

A real feel-good song that just rolls along and asks to be played over and over.

There was a time when I tried living a bit like that, but eventually I found I liked
the old familiar things as well.

Super backing track and a perfect vocal - hey, if you can sing like that in one take, there's
no need to start tracking up!

Hope things are working out for you in the new space, my friend.

All the best, ROG.

Hi ROG,
Thanks so much. This song is a bit autobiographical. I love traveling to places I've never been before. I've been so fortunate in that regard: 43 countries and all but two (Oregon & Hawaii) US states.

I was unhappy with the vocal but didn't have time to do a retake. For some reason, I rushed the words "Might get lost a time or two" on all three choruses. I wanted to make that right.

Still working on the "sound". The acoustics here leave a lot to be desired. I think the vocal "dynamics" sounded halfway decent but still need some tweaking - still looking for the right tone balance. I recorded the vocal and mixed it, then posted it in less than twenty minutes. So not a lot of technical prep. In other words - it's pretty raw!

Many thanks. I appreciate the kind words. Di says "Hi!"

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/15/18 02:24 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops