Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Perky song, expertly done! Really liked the firm structure of the song (what I mean is that the melody line stayed consistent across the verses and choruses, and you made the lyric fit into the melody line without needing to 'bend' it to accomodate lyrics..if that makes sense!). Good choice on RT's and style..and the vocal sounds just fine to me. I especially liked the little stop that you used at the end of the chorus--nice design concept.

It left me with one general question: I wonder how many songwriters/lyricists/poets have ever really been to Timbuktu??

Thanks for the pleasant journey through your music!

First, thank you very much for the really nice comments - I appreciate that very much. And yes, your comment made sense - no need to rush or hold notes to make the lyric synch with the music. I worked pretty hard on that - made numerous adjustments to the lyric. But the lyric was finished in less than a day. That stop near the end of the chorus just fell into place - I didn't really design it that way. It just sorta happened. The closest I've been to Timbuktu is Marrakesh, Morocco. I'd venture to guess that's closer than most folks! But, never actually been to the city.

Again, many thanks.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 07/20/18 10:02 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops