Originally Posted By: jford
It's actually 260 characters (path plus the filename). It used to be lower than that, but that was many years ago. I actually found the bug in RealBand/PowerTracks 2018 (and every previous version), where "save as" was using the old limit, which wreaked havoc on saving files. Jeff fixed it for 2018 and now I don't have the problem, because it's harder to get to 260 characters, but it is doable.

"c:\Users\MyEmailName@gmail.com\Documents\MyData\Tunes\MyTunes\MySongbooks\Popular Songbook\T\Take Me Out To The Ballgame [Various Artists]\Source\Take Me Out To The Ballgame [Various Artists] (John background vocal take 1 2018-07-25).wav" is 220 characters.

Probably not going to get to 260 easily, but again, even though difficult to get there, you can see that depending upon how you manage your files and folders, it can happen.
Ever dived into the 'C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\ ..... etc' folder LoL? F