Hi. Please forgive me if this post is not in the right area of this forum. I'm new here and hope someone can help me.
I have two questions...
1) I own Band in a Box 2009 (282) - bought it earlier this year. I'm at a point where I want to buy an external keyboard and connect it to my laptop via USB. I dont know a whole lot about modern keyboards but my intention was to buy a keyboard controller called an Edirol PC 50 (which has a USB port). I'm not looking for recommendations or denial of what is a good or bad product but just confirmation that a midi controller keyboad such as this will allow me to play the piano sounds, bass etc. which I have in Band in a Box. My laptop does not have a midi input but it does have USB ports. Does a PC have to have midi a input as well as a USB port?

2) I have no idea what is going on here with this...When I open BIAB, set the key signature to C, type in D-7 for the first chors and then move to the next bar the chord which appears in bar number 1 is B-7 -NOT, D-7 - so it's like there is some kind of auto transpose going on for every chord I type in...
Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Darrin