Thank you, everyone. I've been busy getting stuff together for a camping trip and came back to all of these very nice comments.

First, to Al-David, I just now remixed it to bring up the mando and fiddle in spots, as well as the backup vocal and I compressed the drums a little so I could bring them up a bit without clipping (much).

You are right. It's better.

rayc, I did try putting my picking in. It clashed with the other guitar, and on top of that, cluttered it up. I do like how the other guitar sounds. Probably because Jason Roller is a far better guitar player probably even when he's drunk, tired, and has cuts on three of his fret-fingers than I will ever be sober, alert, and healthy.

So I left it clean and kept my ego out of it (this time!). I'm just happy the little riff I made up years ago was enough to get this thing off the ground, even if it did take a sharp turn into bluegrass (not expected, but I don't mind it ... it grew on me. That mando is a must to illustrate her personality, and that's just where it led.)

I actually considered finding a sitar to put in the mix and try (since she's Pakastani) but couldn't find one to try. In the end, I thought maybe the conga suggested a bit of tabula ... which she actually picked up on so that made me happy.

She loves the song. Apparently her uncle does, too. Haven't heard what her sisters had to say about it yet.

Scott C, Joe, and Noel 96 ... thank you ... I don't think I will ever get used to compliments on my voice. It has taken me a long time to even get comfortable with it, and all I hear is the parts that don't sound like I wanted them to. :-)

That's a stretch, there are parts I like, too, but I sure hear the other stuff as well.

Your words are encouraging and also inspire me to try to live up to it in the future by doing the best I can.