My 2 favorite lines from the article:
Quote:
What will stand out in a streaming environment is not louder tracks, but tracks that are more dynamic for a given average loudness.
Quote:
The key to getting your music to sound great on streaming services is to mix to the optimal PLR or peak-to-loudness ratio, where ‘loudness’ refers to the target loudness value to which streaming is normalised, and ‘peak’ is the highest inter-sample peak level that avoids codec distortion.

I've been sayin how much I like using the old PARMeter, mostly because of the Peak/Average measurements are displayed alongside regular 'Peak' VU and a perceived loudness VU labeled as RMS. 3 in 1.
Seeing these 3 meters react to a song in a single plugin can tell you a lot about the mix in a visual way, and fairly quickly. The real beauty is ability to reset the 'Cumulative Data' readings on the fly during playback.

In image below the P/A shows the mix is approaching Hot, but the RMS is still a little low. Nothing fancy, just good data.
Adjustments to the right/wrong place in the chain will change all 3 meters. The trick is knowing how to get RMS up a bit and keep P/A closer to the Dynamic marker than the Hot one (usually anyway, sometimes you want a mix Hot, depending on the genre/intent).

I just like seeing all 3 at once.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
parmeter.jpg (75.67 KB, 105 downloads)

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome