Originally Posted By: Noel96
Alan,

I have to hand it to you, you have a terrific flair for selecting exactly the right chords that (a) guarantee a wonderful music journey and (b) showcase a specific genre beautifully. As I'm sitting here thinking about it, it seems to me that you must have a huge repertoire of chord sequences and genres stored in your mind.

It's always a pleasure to hear what you create.

I'm glad to read in your other thread that Di is back home again. That's wonderful news! "Hi Di!!!"

All the best to you both,
Noel

Hi Noel,

You are so kind! Thank you very much!

As far as chord/progression repertoires, I have a few stand-bys but try to find a new twists at times. I like the unexpected as long as it ingratiates what's already there.

I devote at least two hours to practising almost every day. Of that time, I spend at least a full hours trying various progressions and inversions of chords to find new sounds. I spend the rest of the time practicing lead riffs and fills. I don't so scales. Chords and progressions come to me relatively easily. I have a theory about that but won't go into it here. Perhaps I'll post that on a different forum sometime soon. It has to do with chords, math and foreign languages.

Thanks again! Best to you.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 08/14/18 08:06 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops