Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

The newer versions of Ozone have a codec preview setting that will show if the project you are mastering will clip when converted to MP3.

Even better, built into the lurssen mastering console is a "Digital Delivery Mastering — “Mastered for iTunes”" function that is absolutely brilliant IMHO.

With that enabled your WAV files will never clip when converted to MP3. I have no idea how they manage to do it, but I've tested it extensively here over the last few months and it works as advertised.

Thanks Dave, I am one of the number that purchased Ozone 8 Elements when on special a week or so ago. Using their Master Assistant which is brilliant and makes the job very easy however it sets a Peak of -1db which causes the Youlean LUFS meter to indicate the True Peak hits over 0db (usually snare or kick drum). However if you drop the peak to -2db no issues. This then drops the LUFS level slightly but you can easily lift it by dropping the threshold by about 1db.

I have found however if you drop the threshold (which increases the overall level) then MP3GAIN reduces it again by about the same amount. For my use there seems to be very little value in altering the threshold after dropping the Peak.

I don’t put what I do onto streaming sites. I just want reasonable backing tracks at the same volumes and that I’m getting.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 08/20/18 02:46 AM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1