Kent: Thanks for the reply! I know that both of these are crazy busy and not best to the ear. I will definitely try your tips!

Odd as it may sound (maybe not correct music theory wise?) I've had good luck with creating solos using manic BIAB soloists then strategically cut to make my own solo. Even using SW realtracks in an EV song, then quantize in Cubase to make some nice solos. Understanding that my music theory is certainly not advanced I mostly rely on my ears to guide me.

I will definitely look at the other realtracks you suggested! When I chose these it was because solo ones where very limited and those plus any background ones had no "pep". There were bars where they would play nothing even though they should be soloing. And that was not a generation issue just the way they played in several bars of the song.

I really appreciate your help and suggestions. I consider myself still to be a noob so I think I just try to pull some magic doing unorthodox things hehe.

VideoTrack: Now that makes total sense. I absolutely get it now! Thanks for the explanation.

Mike

Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen
Windows 10 pro 1709 16299.125
Intel core i7 6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz
16 gig memory
BIAB UltraPak version is 2023 (Latest)
Cubase pro 9