I think the RB VU Input meters use the default 1/2 input signal from the Windows default device. This has been noted here before. Wish it was different but it ain't.

I've learned over the years to use the recording device's software applet to set levels (what the applet shows on 5/6 Input may not at all match the RB input VU) but the end result should match the applet.

It's the whole 'selected Drivers' setting in RB and how it works with various devices that causes confusion. It's possible to select only Inputs 5/6 from a given device in RB Options, but then RB uses the Windows selection for the VU meter Input display (so you see nothing, but it is actually working)

BiaB/RB are meant to work for the 'masses' (ie a simple single stereo input).

Once you add multiple ports to the equation, I find I have to disregard the RB Input VUs and use the software applet to see what you are actually feeding RB on the 'selected' input channel(s) .
It gets confusing, but I think I see where your problem lies.
Hope that made sense

To simplify it (hopefully)
The RB Input VU meter is monitoring the Windows default input (likely channels 1/2).
But you have assigned other sources to be recorded (channels 3/4), so RB doesn't 'see' them. But they do get recorded.

Last edited by rharv; 08/29/18 03:23 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome