Many thanks Rharv!

That all makes sense now that I've gotten feedback from you and others who understand this process much better than I. I worked with the Behringer USB404HD for a few days and ran a bunch of tests once I got a basic understanding of how it works.

I have to say after doing side by side comparisons with it and my old method of recording, I decided to send it back and order a new mixer instead. I'm going back to my tried and true USB mixer method where I record a single track at a time. I thought about it a long time and decided simple is better for me. Like you said, BiaB/RB are meant to work for the masses and keeping it less complicated is beneficial sometimes.

I've recorded about 300 songs with Realband over the years doing 1 track at a time and I'm going to continue with that method since it fits my workflow so well.

Just a note to others thinking of purchasing the USB404HD. The interface works as advertised and I had no problem installing the ASIO driver for it. It is a nice compact interface with lots of output choices. It just wasn't the right device for me.

Thanks again for your advice, I really appreciate it!

Del