Winston Salem is pretty far inland, so the coastal problems like flooding and roofs blowing off probably won't happen here (except for flooding in low lying areas, which most likely will happen. I'm on a hill, which makes flooding of little concern to me.)

My biggest concern is that we will probably have a lot of tees falling on houses after the ground gets saturated from days of rain, followed by sustained winds.

The most recent comparable storm was HUGO in 1989. The trees in my yard were saplings 29 years ago, so I didn't sustain any damage at all that time. But today those same trees are over a foot in diameter, very tall and wayyy too close to the house. Also, many of them are shallow-rooted pines which are easily uprooted. And danged if most of them aren't leaning in the worst possible direction.

I bought a new chainsaw, a generator, and a winch to help me remove whatever falls on the roof, and some tarps to cover the hole(s).. that's really all I can do at this point.

Herb, David Snyder and Charlie Fogle are a lot closer to the coast, so they will probably get the worst the storm has to offer.

Search Youtube for footage about the aftermath of Hugo in the charlotte area. Scary.