Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#

Sad, that so many things have not improved during long life of PG.

Real band is a "no go" for me. I think it is just a fruit of poor programming. Real band + BIAB should be one program, not two smile

Rusty,

I totally don't understand this. I am saying this in a friendly way because you identify as a "newbie", but I really think you may want to give BIAB and Real Band a little more time and spend more time studying what they do as separate tools, and how to use them, before you say things like "It's so sad..." Study is the operative term. It takes a while to get the hang of it all because there is so much there. But that's what I like about it. Music itself requires study.

Band-In-a-Box and Real Band improve every year. Those PG folks are working hard and they ALREADY deliver the best producer's tool on the planet. The difference between the sound quality of a "Real Track" and most sampled stuff generated by other programs is like the difference between a 1957 Les Paul and a garbage can.

BIAB and Real Band are two different things and focus on two different objectives. Band-in-a-Box is an electronic lead sheet that lets you enter in a song form and then pick a basic style with Real Musicians. For that alone, I am surprised it has not won the Nobel prize.

Real Band is an associated tool that allow you to open those basic tracks and then gives you 40 slots where you can pick from at least 2,5000 other parts, fragments, sections, or entire tracks of every imaginable studio instrument plus additional drums (minus the bagpipe but that may be coming) by pressing one blue button.

And these aren't samples--they are performances. Where else on God's Green Earth will you go to find that?????

A choice of drums by real drummers performing at your fingertips? A real horn section? Real backing vox? What else does that?

One click export and you are ready to import to your DAW.

I also find Real Band to be the BEST and most reliable place to record all audio, and it is so much easier to edit audio there than in Cakewalk, which I know like the back of my hand. Real Band is great for track generating and recording, Cakewalk is great for mixing: that's the way I look at it and work (but to each his own.)

I simply cannot understand when people say Real Band is a "no go."

No go what?

Sure it has some glitches from time to time but the work arounds take 3 seconds. Better than waiting two weeks for the drummer to show up.

I am a die-hard Real Band fan and I think it is a goldmine.

I have never once looked at PG Products and gone "It is so sad."

I go:

"Thank you God, Praise Jesus and Hallelujah."

But maybe that is just me.