You said it's been discussed to death so that means there's an issue. An issue with who? You and Pipeline? Pipeline is a great forum member he knows so much about this stuff it amazes me. BUT...

My point is you guys and a few others like you are not the average users of Biab.

You mentioned slow regeneration times. Do you consider generating 8 tracks in 7 to 8 seconds slow? That's how long it takes me to do it and you can read in my sig the specs of my PC. If you're referring to how long it takes in Real Band, yes it takes a whole lot longer but it has nothing to do with old code. Here's another tidbit you probably don't know.

Years ago when the Real Tracks first came out followed by a total flood of new RT's every year since people started complaining about how long it took to generate because prior to the RT's Biab ran great on old, sloooooow XP machines with 1 gig or less of RAM. That's because it was all midi which requires minimal processing power. I'm not going to go into detail just understand that manipulating audio like Biab does requires a TON or processing power. An old Core Duo with 2 gigs of ram can take a minute and a half to generate 8 tracks of RT's. Midi? Almost instant.

PG advertising says Biab runs fine on older machines and that's true. Doesn't mean you will be happy with working that slow.

What PG did and this was some time ago, is massage Biab to begin playing your song after it had only generated maybe the first 4-8 bars and not wait until it regenerated the whole thing. That transformed the time it took to hear playback BUT as you are playing back it's still generating in the background. You would not notice anything unless you stopped after a bar or two and hit regen again. Then Biab can lock up while it does it. It hasn't crashed, it's just working.

Real Band since it is NOT simply another version of Biab needs to regenerate the whole song and since it can have way more than 8 tracks it can take a while but if you use RB like I described and just do one track at a time, no problem. That's what you do in your home studio anyway, right? One track at a time. Also, RB does not use temp files for edits like most big name DAW's do. There are good sides to that and bad sides. The good is you don't have to go back and flush (Adobe Auditions term) all your temp files created by edits. One project I worked on took almost 15 minutes to clear all that out. RB does it all in real time with no temp files which makes your immediate work flow slower but then you don't pay that time back later.

Anyway, back to your issue with time. Tell us the specs of your PC and your EXACT steps you take when you generate your tracks and let's see if you have a fixable problem.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.