A few years ago my Mom asked me to make her an album for Christmas called "Soothing Classical Guitar and Orchestra" using my newly found BIAB arrangement chops because she needed something to calm her down.

So, as lark, I did it--the whole thing took two days. It's just BIAB/Aria/Garritan orchestral stuff with me playing guitar. I get a good amount of streams off of that so I did another, same thing.

All of a sudden I started seeing activity on my other stuff too, so I don't think it's impossible--you just have to find a niche.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt I know the classical guitar niche is where I will stand out, and I don't think I stand a snowball's chance in any other category, though I could be wrong.

I am still running a grand experiment with all of this just to see where it leads me. I have no expectations but I am having fun.

* On a totally unrelated sidenote, I got shortlisted last month for a "Tom Petty" soundalike that was my very first BIAB song, when I got BIAB 2014. I was so excited. I remember it like it was yesterday. I had just gotten off the phone with Alyssa and I had like 32 Real Tracks and maybe a dozen Real Styles and four or five choices of drums and guitars to pick from. I was in heaven. (It was the beginner's pack.)

That first song I created with it "Can't Make Me Hide" actually got picked. I should post it one day. When I listened to it, I laughed out loud. I really thought I was the cat's pajamas with my 32 Real Tracks.