A couple things to try:
Highlight the whole track (1:1:0 thru 1000:1:0 or whatever)
Right click the track and go to Track->Consolidate audio region

Why this helps - when you edit a track RB puts the edit on another spot on the hard drive and as it plays the drive jumps around reading one section, then the other new section, then back etc.
Having multiple tracks doing this exposes drive thrash .. consolidating the track(s) puts everything back in one whole chunk again. As a side not Saving does much the same thing bu all the tracks are interwoven together for drive efficiency.
This method of writing new sections to a different spot on the drive is what allows the Undo function during a session.
Once you Save the song the Undo operation is lost for anything you did in the previous session. (RB removes these temporary edit chunks so your drive doesn't get filled up with unwanted chunks)

If that doesn't help, trying a different audio Driver as suggested by others may work also.
If you are using ASIO, try MME and vice versa.
Even if just temporarily it may help solve the source of the issue.
Options-Preferences-Audio will get you there.
You may want to check the Drivers button on that screen.

As a deeper suggestion, you can assign where you want those temporary chunks I mentioned above (Edits and newly recorded audio) to be stored by using the Temp Audio Directory option in the same Prefs-Audio dialogue.
I set this to a different drive than where RB is running from, which means a different drive is doing the jumping around (different from the one running the program and Windows and everything else).

This feature was one that I thought was a great feature when it was added, but many users do not take advantage of it.
This is where new audio recordings (incoming streams) and the edit chunks are stored temporarily.
Again, RB cleans them up and interweaves them into the SEQ file when you Save or Close the program.

Last edited by rharv; 09/23/18 05:31 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome