Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Robert,

I like the arrangement and I also like the vocal treatment you used, and of course your lyrics are always clever and well written.

Enjoyed!

Thank you for those positives, Dave.
As mentioned, I`ve taken awhile to learn about vocal processing from scratch- still not entirely happy with the results, but feel I`m headed in the right direction.

Robert
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Robert,

Never the easy way out, that's for sure.
Love the complexity of this one.
Beautiful vocals and I especially like the vocal reverse backings.
And the electro flute of course.

Rob

A thumbs up on vocals from one of the best singers around here is something I`ll take- with a big thank you!

Robert

Originally Posted By: Noel96

Robert,

It's enthusiastic 'thumbs up' from me for this one.

Your production chops on this song show lots of skill and musicianship, and a well-developed sense of how to use arrangement to shape a very engaging, emotionally-charged audio journey. You had me hooked from start to finish.

I loved the line "meadows in his heart morphine his mind". It is so clever on so many levels. Firstly, to take 'morphine' (a noun) and use it as a verb to indicate soothing or calming is an incredibly adroit lyric writing strategy. Then there are those 'meadows in his heart' -- what a wonderful way of showing that he is remembering back on life, to a time when he was much younger. I'd love to be able to think of phrases like this! You have a very versatile mind!!!

Thanks for sharing this composition. I really enjoyed it.

All the best,
Noel

Noel,

I`m always amazed at how you listen to lyrics: its a more scholarly perspective than mine and I learn from your explanations and insights!
Its also cool to hear that lines that came to me in a "goosebumps"moment have meaning for others.
I`m happy you liked this!

Robert