Gotcha,

Look, I'd wait for the new version to come out (2019-should come out end of October beginning December) and it's always on sale at least until the end of the year. Definitely get it on PC, for like a million reasons I won't bother to get into now.

AS for styles, I can't even tell you what's possible with this program if I intend to get any work at all done today, so I say go all in (except personally I would not bother to go for the audiophile--especially if HD space is an issue).

Forget the individual PAKs, just buy the whole kit and kaboodle... You have no idea how satisfying it can be to here a bouzouki playing exquisitely along with a fretless bass and chamber string section!!!

However, w/ I'm afraid you're a little out of luck with the North Indian instruments. While there are some decent loops in that style, that's not what BiaB excels in. BUT, you can generate fantastic MIDI melodies by constricting your chords and chord progressions using the scale tones that type of music emulates, and then use Kontakt instruments to to its magic with the MIDI.

FWIW, I've purchased, and almost exclusively used, BiaB as a woodshedding/educational tool (the reason I used Reaper in the first place was for recording guitar and bass for online collabs) but recently posted my first track for a contest which was some BiaB instruments sliced and diced and plied with effects in Reaper. https://soundcloud.com/user-423212678/labor-day-pt-ii-1

Basically everything there is Real Tracks (including the vocals!) a sh*t ton of Native Instruments plugins, and a lot of editing in Reaper :-)

Welcome again, and we look forward to seeing more of you here :-)

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB