Kent is talking about the Windows control panel where you manage programs by uninstalling the programs you no longer want. I don't have Windows 10 so I'm not sure what it is called in Windows 10 but older Windows product called it control panel.

At one time Cakewalk offered a standalone version of the Studio Instruments suite that could be used by itself or as a VST in other DAWs like Reaper. A lot of people bought it (but regretfully I didn't) during sales where the price dropped to $49 US.

That is one big issue I have with YouTube videos. Too many people make videos using optional stuff without disclosing full details. For instance you'll frequently see videos about "here's how to do something" and will state "I'm using XYZ daw but you can do this with any daw" then use one or more features exclusive to the daw they're using. If you're not using XYZ daw then you've just wasted your time trying to learn something you can't use. Another gripe is you'll watch a midi video and they'll say use the Windows built in midi then they will turn around and use TTS-1, Kontakt or SampleTank. They get so use to using their normal set-up they forget what the defaults are. As you can attest, sometimes the videos are more frustrating than helpful.

One last thought regarding jBridege. The jBridge developer originally created a beta version of jBridge that automatically integrated with Band-in-a-Box (I'm not sure about RealBand). It was some time before the beta was released and the changes became part of the "normal" jBridge. The latest version is v1.75 which has been in beta since 2016. You may want to try downloading and installing it. There is also a VERY detailed step-by-step troubleshooting guide +++ HERE +++

I sincerely hope you will NOT get too frustrated to continue. The ability to add VST effects and instruments is a powerful tool to have in your audio production toolbox.

Last edited by Jim Fogle; 10/10/18 06:27 AM. Reason: Added jBridge comments

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home