Hey drutgat,

I'll address these in turn.

Quote:
Why will BIAB only render to MIDI the instruments which are underlined in the list at the top of the screen? Is this a deliberate limitation, 'encouraging' people to buy more tracks?

I don't think it's a deliberate limitation, it really has to do with whether or not "RealCharts" are written into the tracks, which I imagine takes a substantial amount of time and effort to do, so PGM is selective about how many tracks they write RealCharts for.

Quote:
Is there any way of changing those instruments which are unable to be changed to MIDI at the moment, so that they will actually be rendered as MIDI?

In theory, no. But I've actually managed to this with a fair amount of accuracy some monophonic instruments (e.g. trumpet, lead guitar) by rendering audio to MIDI, which is a new feature that came out in BiaB 2018.

Quote:
I notice in your example that the strings are not able to be rendered to MIDI. Is this the case for all strings in BIAB?

As a MIDI supertrack, the strings track already was MIDI and hence did not need to be rendered.

Finally, I'd like to point out (and I forgot to in the video, that I had populated the "Piano" slot with an audio loop and not a Realtrack, so ofc that was the reason that patch did not render to MIDI.

Editing to add that I address how to know before loading a track whether it has a RealChart (which can be either in standard notation or tab and std notation) at about 3:15 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jyd1Y7u6MI

Last edited by DeaconBlues09; 10/10/18 11:42 PM.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB