Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
I know there are tons of videos. I watched quite a few....but find it a bit surgical, I want to see example of how whole project is created.
I am looking for a video similar to which Joanne made for her song, but with one using more advanced/compex techniques as described above.

A person making a backing track (on BIAB, not RB) for his/her song and sharing the process.

Hey,

At the risk of coming across like an a-hole, at some point you just gotta dive in and start experimenting. All the information is literally out there. We live in astonishingly incredible times, where dozens tutorials are posted free to view on the internet, as well as the manuals--that are now readily available online.

You simply need to absorb each bit of information and get experiment as you go along. In fact, when I acquired this program, my intention was not to record songs, but to have a jam partner, and use the notated realtracks to learn licks from. However, once I started messing around with the program more and more, and diving deeper into its capabilities and functions, I became so fascinated with the program that I started watching videos and reading and re-reading the manual until I got to know the program rather well. Now with Reaper, I started using it to collab online with artists that wanted someone to play live bass or guitar on their track so I got into that as well, because using Reaper tracks made it easy to share and collab back and forth, and the recording process is very simple and accessible.

All that said, after I acquired all this knowledge, I still wasn't really interested in recording songs! In fact, I have recorded exactly two songs the entire time I've had the program, and both were for the Xtra Styles Pak 5 contest, because I wanted to win for the $150 in PG Music cash (although I'd be lying if I didn't admit that once I got down to it, I enjoyed the whole process immensely!).

To conclude, you gotta just do it. Start with some sort of vision, and whenever you get stuck, hit up the forums here and you'll get all the help you need at each step.

Oh, and one more thing, I've personally observed that, for me at least, the number one procrastination technique is trying to learn more instead of doing. The reason that this technique is so seductive is that you can pat yourself on the back for acquiring more knowledge while avoiding the self-loathing that comes along with avoiding doing what you know you should be doing, e.g. making music.

Band-in-a-Box 2021 PlusPAK w 2019 Bonus Pak. Custom Build Desktop PC W/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit. CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k @ 3.7GHz (6 core x 6 threads) RAM: 16GB DDR4. Storage 238GB SSD + 2.7 TB HDD. GPU: ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB